Pyruvate carboxylase deficiency
Other Names for this Disease
- PC deficiency
- Ataxia with lactic acidosis 2
- Leigh necrotizing encephalopathy due to pyruvate carboxylase deficiency
- Leigh syndrome due to pyruvate carboxylase deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Pyruvate carboxylase deficiency. Genetics Home Reference. August 2006; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/pyruvate-carboxylase-deficiency. Accessed 6/1/2015.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Pyruvate carboxylase deficiency. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- The Neuromuscular Disease Center at Washington University provides information about Leigh syndrome.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Pyruvate carboxylase deficiency. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- Huntsman RJ, Sinclair DB, Bhargava R, Chan A. Atypical presentations of Leigh syndrome: A case series and review. Pediatr Neurol 2005;32:334-340.