Other Names for this Disease
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- NINDS Rasmussen's Encephalitis Information Page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS). December 19, 2011; http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/rasmussen/rasmussen.htm. Accessed 3/22/2012.
- Hart I. Rasmussen Encephalitis . The Encephalitis Society. July 2005; http://www.encephalitis.info/information/types-of-encephalitis/types-of-autoimmune-encephalitis/rasmussen-s-encephalitis/. Accessed 3/22/2012.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) collects and disseminates research information related to neurological disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The Hemispherectomy Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, was founded to provide emotional, financial, and educational support to individuals and their families who have undergone, or will undergo, a hemispherectomy or similar brain surgery. This organization provides information about Rasmussen encephalitis. Click on the link to view this information.
- The Encephalitis Society is a UK based charity set up by people affected by encephalitis in 1994. This group provides information about Rasmussen encephalitis. Click on the link to view information related to this topic.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Rasmussen encephalitis. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.