Other Names for this Disease
- Acquired hyperostosis syndrome
- Synovitis, Acne, Pustlosis, Hyperostosis, and Osteomyelitis
- Synovitis acne pustulosis hyperostosis osteitis
- Synovitis-acne-pustulosis-hyperostosis-osteitis syndrome
There is no specific treatment plan for SAPHO syndrome. It can be a chronic condition but sometimes eventually heals on its own. Joint pain may be managed with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and prescription vitamin A is used to treat the acne.
Other drugs that may be used include:
Last updated: 2/4/2014
- SAPHO syndrome. DermNet NZ. December 29, 2013; http://dermnetnz.org/systemic/sapho.html. Accessed 2/4/2014.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.