* Not a rare disease
Other Names for this Disease
- Sarcoid of Boeck
- Schaumann's disease
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- What Is Sarcoidosis?. National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. June 14, 2013; http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/sarc.
- Sarcoidosis. MayoClinic.com. January 22, 2016; http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sarcoidosis/home/ovc-20177969.
- Hadjiliadis D, Zieve D. Sarcoidosis. MedlinePlus. June 22, 2015; https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000076.htm.
- DermNet NZ is an online resource about skin diseases developed by the New Zealand Dermatological Society Incorporated. DermNet NZ provides information about this condition.
- The MayoClinic.com provides information about Sarcoidosis. Click on the above link to access this information.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- The Merck Manuals Online Medical Library provides information on this condition for patients and caregivers.
- The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) has information on this topic. NHLBI is part of the National Institutes of Health and supports research, training, and education for the prevention and treatment of heart, lung, and blood diseases.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Sarcoidosis. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.