* Not a rare disease
Other Names for this Disease
- Sarcoid of Boeck
- Schaumann's disease
- What Is Sarcoidosis?. National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. June 14, 2013; http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/sarc.
- Sarcoidosis. MayoClinic.com. January 22, 2016; http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sarcoidosis/home/ovc-20177969.
- Hadjiliadis D, Zieve D. Sarcoidosis. MedlinePlus. June 22, 2015; https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000076.htm.
- DermNet NZ is an online resource about skin diseases developed by the New Zealand Dermatological Society Incorporated. DermNet NZ provides information about this condition.
- The MayoClinic.com provides information about Sarcoidosis. Click on the above link to access this information.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- The Merck Manuals Online Medical Library provides information on this condition for patients and caregivers.
- The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) provides leadership for a national program in diseases of the heart, blood vessels, lung, and blood; blood resources; and sleep disorders. Since October 1997, the NHLBI has also had administrative responsibility for the NIH Woman's Health Initiative. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Sarcoidosis. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.