Other Names for this Disease
- Arndt-Gottron disease
- Generalized lichenoid papular eruption
- Generalized papular and sclerodermoid
mucinosis), causing papular and sclerodermoid bumps; increased production of fibroblasts (connective tissue cells) in the absence of a thyroid disorder; and monoclonal gammopathy (abnormal proteins in the blood). It often involves internal organs and may affect various body systems. The cause of scleromyxedema is not known. Management may involve the use of intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) and/or plasmapheresis, but no standard treatment exists.Scleromyxedema is a rare, severe skin disorder. Signs and symptoms include abnormal accumulation of mucin in the skin (
Last updated: 4/18/2014
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Scleromyxedema. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- UpToDate has an article on Scleromyxedema. Click on UpToDate to view the page.