- Erythema multiforme major
On this page
Stevens-Johnson syndrome may be difficult to treat. Patients should be admitted to an intensive care or burn unit as soon as the diagnosis is suspected.
Treatment of severe symptoms may include:
- Antibiotics to control any skin infections
- Corticosteroids to control inflammation
- Intravenous immunoglobulins (IVIG) to stop the disease process
Treatment for the eye may include artificial tears, antibiotics, or corticosteroids.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Stevens-Johnson syndrome. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.