Other Names for this Disease
- BH4 deficiency
- Hyperphenylalaninemia caused by a defect in biopterin metabolism
- Hyperphenylalaninemia, non-phenylketonuric
- Non-phenylketonuric hyperphenylalaninemia
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Tests & Diagnosis
On this page
- An ACTion (ACT) sheet is available for this condition that describes the short-term actions a health professional should follow when an infant has a positive newborn screening result. ACT sheets were developed by experts in collaboration with the American College of Medical Genetics.
- An Algorithm flowchart is available for this condition for determining the final diagnosis in an infant with a positive newborn screening result. Algorithms are developed by experts in collaboration with the American College of Medical Genetics.
- The Newborn Screening Coding and Terminology Guide created by the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) promotes and facilitates the use of electronic health data standards in recording and transmitting newborn screening test results. The Web site includes standard codes and terminology for newborn tests and conditions for which they screen, and links to related sites. Click on the links to view details for this condition.
Disorders of biopterin biosynthesis
Disorders of biopterin regeneration