Other Names for this Disease
- Porphyria variegate
- Porphyria, South African type
- Protoporphyrinogen oxidase deficiency
- PPOX deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Tests & Diagnosis
- Variegate Porphyria (VP). American Porphyria Foundation. 2010; http://www.porphyriafoundation.com/about-porphyria/types-of-porphyria/VP. Accessed 7/19/2010.
- Porphyria, Variegate. National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD). 2001; http://www.rarediseases.org/search/rdbdetail_abstract.html?disname=Porphyria%2C%20Variegate. Accessed 7/19/2010.
- The Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) provides information about the genetic tests for this condition. The intended audience for the GTR is health care providers and researchers. Patients and consumers with specific questions about a genetic test should contact a health care provider or a genetics professional.