Von Hippel-Lindau disease
Other Names for this Disease
- VHL syndrome
- Von Hippel-Lindau disease
- Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- The VHL Family Alliance has created a new discussion forum. This new, more modern format allows users not only to have interactive conversations on particular topics, but to organize the conversation so that newcomers can easily get up-to-speed, and so that we can find topics that have been discussed in the past.
- To find a medical professional who specializes in genetics, you can ask your doctor for a referral or you can search for one yourself. Online directories are provided by GeneTests, the American College of Medical Genetics, and the National Society of Genetic Counselors. If you need additional help, contact a GARD Information Specialist. You can also learn more about genetic consultations from Genetics Home Reference.
- The Social Security Administration (SSA) created the Compassionate Allowance Initiative to speed up the processing of disability claims for applicants with certain conditions. Click on the link to view the Compassionate Allowance information for kidney cancer, a cancer associated with this condition. More information about applying for Social Security disability benefits is available online.