- Erosive vitreoretinopathy
- Hyaloideoretinal degeneration of Wagner
- Wagner disease (formerly)
- Wagner syndrome type 1
Tests & Diagnosis
The diagnosis of Wagner syndrome is based on typical clinical findings and family history of the condition. Molecular genetic testing of the VCAN (previously CSPG2) gene, the only gene known to be associated with Wagner syndrome, is available on a clinical basis.
- Kloeckener-Gruissem B, Amstutz C. VCAN-Related Vitreoretinopathy. GeneReviews. 2009; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/br.fcgi?book=gene&part=wagner. Accessed 12/7/2009.
- The Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) provides information about the genetic tests for this condition. The intended audience for the GTR is health care providers and researchers. Patients and consumers with specific questions about a genetic test should contact a health care provider or a genetics professional.