Other Names for this Disease
- Infantile spasm
- Tonic spasms with clustering, arrest of psychomotor development and hypsarrhythmia on EEG
- West's syndrome
- X-linked infantile spasm syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- The NORD Physician Guide for West syndrome was developed as a free service of the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) and it's medical advisors. The guides provide a resource for clinicians about specific rare disorders to facilitate diagnosis and treatment of their patients with this condition.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied West syndrome. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.