Other Names for this Disease
- Infantile spasm
- Infantile spasms
- Intellectual disability - hypsarrhythmia
- Tonic spasms with clustering, arrest of psychomotor development and hypsarrhythmia on EEG
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- The NORD Physician Guide for West syndrome was developed as a free service of the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) and it's medical advisors. The guides provide a resource for clinicians about specific rare disorders to facilitate diagnosis and treatment of their patients with this condition.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied West syndrome. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.