Leigh syndrome, French Canadian type
Other Names for this Disease
- Congenital lactic acidosis, Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean type
- Cox deficiency, French Canadian type
- COX deficiency, French-Canadian type
- Cox deficiency, Saguenay Lac saint Jean type
- Cytochrome c oxidase deficiency, French Canadian type
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
- The Neuromuscular Disease Center at Washington University provides information about Leigh syndrome.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Leigh syndrome, French Canadian type. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- Huntsman RJ, Sinclair DB, Bhargava R, Chan A. Atypical presentations of Leigh syndrome: A case series and review. Pediatr Neurol 2005;32:334-340.