HMG CoA lyase deficiency
Other Names for this Disease
- 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA lyase deficiency
- Defect in leucine metabolism
- HMG-CoA lyase deficiency
- 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaric aciduria
- Hydroxymethylglutaric aciduria
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Tests & Diagnosis
On this page
- The Newborn Screening Coding and Terminology Guide has information on the standard codes used for newborn screening tests. Using these standards helps compare data across different laboratories. This resource was created by the National Library of Medicine.
- An ACTion (ACT) sheet is available for this condition that describes the short-term actions a health professional should follow when an infant has a positive newborn screening result. ACT sheets were developed by experts in collaboration with the American College of Medical Genetics.
- An Algorithm flowchart is available for this condition for determining the final diagnosis in an infant with a positive newborn screening result. Algorithms are developed by experts in collaboration with the American College of Medical Genetics.