Other Names for this Disease
- Pulmonic stenosis brachytelephalangism and calcification of cartilages
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
cartilage calcification in the ears, nose, larnyx, trachea (voice box), and ribs; pulmonary artery stenoses; brachytelephalangism (short fingers and nails that resemble drumsticks); and facial dysmorphism. Less than 30 cases have been reported in the literature. The majority of affected individuals have been diagnosed during childhood. Other associated features may include hearing loss, recurrent otitis and/or sinusitis, mild intellectual disability, frequent respiratory infections, nasal speech and rarely, seizures, and short stature. This condition is inherited in an autosomal recessive fashion and is caused by mutations in the MGP gene.Keutel syndrome is an inherited condition characterized by
Last updated: 4/29/2011
- Keutel syndrome. Orphanet. 2007; http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=EN&Expert=85202. Accessed 4/29/2011.
On this page
- The Monarch Initiative brings together data about this condition from humans and other species to help physicians and biomedical researchers. Monarch’s tools are designed to make it easier to compare the signs and symptoms (phenotypes) of different diseases and discover common features. This initiative is a collaboration between several academic institutions across the world and is funded by the National Institutes of Health. Visit the website to explore the biology of this condition.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Keutel syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.