Other Names for this Disease
- Optic atrophy in early childhood, associated with ataxia, spasticity, mental retardation, and posterior column sensory loss
- Optic atrophy, infantile hereditary, Behr complicated form of
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- The U.S. National Institutes of Health, through the National Library of Medicine, developed ClinicalTrials.gov to provide patients, family members, and members of the public with current information on clinical research studies. Currently, there are no clinical trials specifically for Behr syndrome; however, there are studies on some of the symptoms of the disorder (e.g. ataxia). To find these trials, click on the link above and enter a symptom as your search term. After you click on a study, review its "eligibility" criteria to determine its appropriateness. Use the study’s contact information to learn more. Check this site often for regular updates.
- The Centers for Mendelian Genomics program is working to discover the causes of rare genetic disorders. For more information about applying to the research study, please visit their website.