Spinal muscular atrophy with respiratory distress 1
Other Names for this Disease
- Spinal muscular atrophy, distal, autosomal recessive, 1
- Neuronopathy, distal hereditary motor, type VI
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
- Families of SMA has created a booklet entitled Understanding SMA that is intended to serve as a source of information and support for children and adults with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Spinal muscular atrophy with respiratory distress 1. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Spinal muscular atrophy with respiratory distress 1. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.