Maple syrup urine disease type 1B
Other Names for this Disease
- MSUD type IB
- MSUD type 3 (formerly)
- MSUD due to deficiency of e1-beta subunit of branched-chain alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase complex
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Maple syrup urine disease type 1B. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The Maple Syrup Urine Disease Family Support group has a list of low protein products on their Web site that is intended as a general reference and resource for parents and others involved with the care of persons with maple syrup urine disease (MSUD).
- The New England Consortium of Metabolic Program has written medical guidelines called acute care protocols for Maple syrup urine disease type 1B for health care professionals.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Maple syrup urine disease type 1B. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.