Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors
Other Names for this Disease
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Sarcoma
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Last updated: 4/27/2010
- General Information About Adult Soft Tissue Sarcoma. National Cancer Institute. September 10, 2009; http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/adult-soft-tissue-sarcoma/Patient/page1. Accessed 4/27/2010.
- The American Cancer Society (ACS) has developed a detailed guide on GIST. To access this guide, visit the ACS link.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- Pediatric GIST.org provides medical information and builds an international support network for those with pediatric and wild-type gastrointestinal stromal tumors and funds research to find a cure for this cancer.
- The Global GIST Network is a directory of resources available to people with Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors and their families. This directory serves to help people throughout the world find local resources and support.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- The GIST News.org Web page provides up-to-date information about the latest news related to GIST. Click on the link above to view this resource.