Paget disease of bone
* Not a rare disease
Other Names for this Disease
- Osteitis deformans
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Paget’s disease of the bone. MedlinePlus. November 2009; http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000414.htm. Accessed 12/12/2011.
- What Is Paget's Disease of Bone?. NIH Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases ~ National Resource Center. May 2009; http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Bone/Pagets/pagets_disease_ff.asp. Accessed 12/12/2011.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) support research into the causes, treatment, and prevention of arthritis and musculoskeletal and skin diseases, the training of basic and clinical scientists to carry out this research, and the dissemination of information on research progress in these diseases. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) has a report for patients and families about this condition. NORD is a patient advocacy organization for individuals with rare diseases and the organizations that serve them.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Paget disease of bone. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.