Other Names for this Disease
- Brody disease
- Sarcoplasmic reticulum -Ca2+ATPase deficiency
autosomal recessive fashion. Some cases of Brody disease are caused by mutations in a gene called “ATP2A1,” for other cases the underlying genetic defect has not been identified.Brody disease is a type of myopahty or "disease of muscle." Signs and symptoms include difficulty relaxing muscles and muscle stiffness following exercise. The condition tends to be inherited in an
Last updated: 3/20/2009
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Brody myopathy. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Brody myopathy. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.