Parkinson disease type 9
Other Names for this Disease
- Park 9
- Pallidopyramidal degeneration with supranuclear upgaze paresis, and dementia
- Kufor-Rakeb syndrome
- Autosomal recessive Parkinson disease 9
- The National Parkinson Foundation has Discussion Forums where questions about Parkinson disease are answered by experts.
- The National Parkinson Foundation can help you search for a health care professional, center, chapter, or support group in your area.
- The Parkinson’s Information Service (PINS) is a national helpline supported by the Parkinson's Disease Foundation. Call toll-free1-800-457-6676 Monday through Friday from 9am to 6pm Eastern Time.
- To find a medical professional who specializes in genetics, you can ask your doctor for a referral or you can search for one yourself. Online directories are provided by GeneTests, the American College of Medical Genetics, and the National Society of Genetic Counselors. If you need additional help, contact a GARD Information Specialist. You can also learn more about genetic consultations from Genetics Home Reference.
- The Assistance Fund provides various services, including education and financial aid, to help patients with a chronic or serious illness cover the cost of FDA-approved medications. Patients must be U.S citizens or permanent residents.