Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1D
Other Names for this Disease
- CMT 1D
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, demyelinating, Type 1D
- Hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy 1D
- HMSN 1D
- Charcot Marie Tooth disease type 1D
On this page
- How to Find a Disease Specialist – A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find specialists for a rare disease.
- The Muscular Dystrophy Association can help you find a doctor who knows about Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. Click on the link to search for specialty clinics nearest you.
- Services to enhance mobility and independent living are available in each community through the Muscular Dystrophy Association's local network of chapters and field offices. Click here to read more about this service.
- The Muscular Dystrophy Campaign provides information regarding the Joseph Patrick Trust which provides financial support for specialist equipment. Click on the link to read more about this trust.
You may wish to discuss your concerns with a genetics professional. The following online resources can help you find a genetics professional in your community:
- The American College of Medical Genetics has a searchable database of US genetics clinics.
- The Parent Technical Assistance Center Network provides a list of the Parent Training and Information Centers in each state. These centers are funded by the United States Department of Education to provide early intervention and special education information and training to parents of children with disabilities from birth to age 26. Click on the link to find the Parent Center in your state.