Thiamine responsive megaloblastic anemia syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Megaloblastic anemia thiamine-responsive with diabetes mellitus and sensorineural deafness
- Rogers syndrome
- Thiamine-responsive anemia syndrome
- Thiamine-responsive megaloblastic anemia syndrome
- Thiamine-responsive megaloblastic anemia with diabetes mellitus and sensorineural deafness
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
diabetes, and a blood disorder called megaloblastic anemia. Affected individuals begin to show symptoms of this condition between infancy and adolescence. This syndrome is called "thiamine-responsive" because the anemia can be treated with high doses of vitamin B1 (thiamine). This condition is caused by mutations in the SLC19A2 gene and is inherited in an autosomal recessive fashion.Thiamine-responsive megaloblastic anemia syndrome is a very rare condition characterized by hearing loss,
Last updated: 11/28/2011
- Thiamine-responsive megaloblastic anemia syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. February 2009; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/thiamine-responsive-megaloblastic-anemia-syndrome. Accessed 11/28/2011.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Thiamine responsive megaloblastic anemia syndrome. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Thiamine responsive megaloblastic anemia syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.