Chiari malformation type 1
* Not a rare disease
Other Names for this Disease
- Chiari type I malformation
- Chiari malformation type I
- Arnold Chiari malformation type I
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Chiari Malformation Fact Sheet. NINDS. 2016; http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/chiari/detail_chiari.htm#194173087.
- Pakzaban P. Chiari Malformation. Medscape Reference. 2016; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1483583-overview.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) collects and disseminates research information related to neurological disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) has a report for patients and families about this condition. NORD is a patient advocacy organization for individuals with rare diseases and the organizations that serve them.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Chiari malformation type 1. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.