Other Names for this Disease
- Acute stress cardiomyopathy
- Ampulla cardiomyopathy
- Apical ballooning syndrome
- Ballooning cardiomyopathy
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
- The MayoClinic.com Web site has an information page on this topic. Click on MayoClinic.com to view the information page.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Stress cardiomyopathy. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.