Other Names for this Disease
- Calcifying epithelioma of Malherbe
- Epithelioma calcificans of Malherbe
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Tests & Diagnosis
A diagnosis of pilomatrixoma is usually suspected on physical examination. Specialized tests may be ordered to confirm the diagnosis and rule out other conditions that cause similar features. These tests may include an ultrasound, an X-ray, and/or a small biopsy of the tumor.
Last updated: 1/23/2015
- Pilomatricoma. DermNet NZ. December 2014; http://www.dermnetnz.org/lesions/pilomatricoma.html.
- Rao J. Pilomatrixoma. Medscape Reference. March 3, 2014; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1058965-overview#a0104. Accessed 3/9/2015.
- The Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) provides information about the genetic tests for this condition. The intended audience for the GTR is health care providers and researchers. Patients and consumers with specific questions about a genetic test should contact a health care provider or a genetics professional.