Other Names for this Disease
- Idiopathic retroperitoneal fibrosis
- Ormond's disease
- Ormond disease
On this page
Early symptoms of retroperitoneal fibrosis may include:
- Dull pain in the abdomen that increases with time
- Swelling of one leg
- Decreased circulation in the legs leading to pain and discoloration
Late symptoms of retroperitoneal fibrosis may include:
- Decreased urine output
- Total lack of urine (anuria)
- Nausea, vomiting, changes in thinking caused by kidney failure and the resulting build-up of toxic chemicals in the blood.
- Severe abdominal pain with hemorrhage due to ischemic bowel
Last updated: 10/15/2013
- Vorvick LJ. Retroperitoneal fibrosis. MedlinePlus. March 17, 2011; http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000463.htm. Accessed 10/15/2013.