Lattice corneal dystrophy type 1
Other Names for this Disease
- Biber-Haab-Dimmer dystrophy
- Classic lattice corneal dystrophy
- Corneal dystrophy, lattice type 1
- Lattice corneal dystrophy type I
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
 It is characterized by the build up of protein fibers (i.e., amyloid) in the stroma. Symptoms may include corneal erosions, decreased vision, photosensitivity, and eye pain. Most cases of lattice dystrophy are caused by mutations in the TGFBI gene.Lattice corneal dystrophy is a type of stromal dystrophy.
Last updated: 5/29/2009
- Sugar, J. Stromal Corneal Dystrophies and Ectasias. In: Yanoff et al.,. Yanoff: Ophthalmology, 2nd ed.. St. Louis, MO : Mosby, Inc; 2004;
- Trattler, W. Dystrophy, Lattice. eMedicine. 2006; http://www.emedicine.com/OPH/topic93.htm. Accessed 6/13/2008.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Lattice corneal dystrophy type 1. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The National Eye Institute (NEI) was established by Congress in 1968 to protect and prolong the vision of the American people. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Lattice corneal dystrophy type 1. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.