Myotonic dystrophy type 2
Other Names for this Disease
- Dystrophia myotonica type 2
- Proximal myotonic myopathy
- Myotonic myopathy, proximal
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Orphanet lists European clinical trials, research studies, and patient registries enrolling people with this condition.
- In 2000, the National Registry for Myotonic Dystrophy (DM) and Facioscapilohumeral Muscular Dystrophy (FSHD) was developed at the University of Rochester in Rochester, New York with funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). It was developed to facilitate research by making available to investigators anonymous data on Registry members, by helping investigators recruit subjects into their clinical studies, and by providing educational materials to patients and family members.