Other Names for this Disease
- Vacuolar cardiomyopathy and myopathy X-linked
- X-linked vacuolar cardiomyopathy and myopathy
- Antopol disease
- Pseudoglycogenosis 2
- Glycogen storage disease limited to the heart
Tests & Diagnosis
Yes. GeneTests lists laboratories offering clinical genetic testing for Danon disease. Clinical genetic tests are ordered to help diagnose a person or family and to aid in decisions regarding medical care or reproductive issues. Talk to your health care provider or a genetic professional to learn more about your testing options. Click on the link above to view a list of testing laboratories.
Last updated: 3/19/2010
- The Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) provides information about the genetic tests for this condition. The intended audience for the GTR is health care providers and researchers. Patients and consumers with specific questions about a genetic test should contact a health care provider or a genetics professional.
- Orphanet lists international laboratories offering diagnostic testing for this condition.
- Meikle, et al. Newborn screening for lysosomal storage disorders: Clinical evaluation of a two-tier strategy. Pediatrics 2004;114:909-916.