Congenital bile acid synthesis defect, type 1
Other Names for this Disease
- 3-alpha beta-hydroxy-delta-5-c27-steroid oxidoreductase, deficiency of
- 3-beta-hydroxy-delta-5-C27-steroid oxidoreductase deficiency
- Congenital bile acid synthesis defect type 1
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Congenital bile acid synthesis defect, type 1. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
|Generic Name||cholic acid|
(Asklepion Pharmaceuticals, LLC)
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Treatment of bile acid synthesis disorders due to single enzyme defects and as adjunctive treatment of peroxisomal disorders including Zellweger spectrum disorders in patients who exhibit manifestations of liver disease, steatorrhea or complications from decreased fat soluble vitamin absorption.|
|More Information about this product||Drug Information Portal|