3-alpha hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency
Other Names for this Disease
- 3-hydroxylacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency
- HADH deficiency
- Hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia due to short chain 3-hydroxylacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency
- Hyperinsulinism due to glutamodehydrogenase deficiency
- Hyperinsulinism due to HADH deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on 3-alpha hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The Screening, Technology And Research in Genetics (STAR-G) Project has a fact sheet on this condition, which was written specifically for families that have received a diagnosis as a result of newborn screening. This fact sheet provides general information about the condition and answers questions that are of particular concern to parents.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss 3-alpha hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.