Other Names for this Disease
- Colorectal cancer, hereditary nonpolyposis
- Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer
- Familial nonpolyposis colon cancer
- Colon cancer, familial nonpolyposis
Tests & Diagnosis
The diagnosis of Lynch syndrome can be made on the basis of the Amsterdam clinical criteria or on the basis of molecular genetic testing for germline mutations in one of several mismatch repair (MMR) genes. To read detailed diagnostic strategies, click here.
Last updated: 10/23/2012
- Kohlmann W, Gruber SB. Hereditary Non-Polyposis Colon Cancer. GeneReviews. November 2006; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1211/#hnpcc.Diagnosis. Accessed 7/1/2011.
- Orphanet lists international laboratories offering diagnostic testing for this condition.