Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, progeroid type
Other Names for this Disease
- Defective biosynthesis of proteodermatan sulfate
- Dermatan sulfate proteoglycan
- EDS, progeroid type
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, progeroid type
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
Individuals with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome progeroid type can benefit from a variety of treatments depending on their symptoms. Affected children with weak muscle tone and delayed development might benefit from physiotherapy to improve muscle strength and coordination. Affected individuals with joint pain might benefit from anti-inflammatory drugs. Lifestyle changes or precautions during exercise or intense physical activity may be advised to reduce the chance of accidents to the skin and bone. It is recommended that affected individuals discuss treatment options with their healthcare provider.
Last updated: 7/13/2011
- Wenstrup R, Paepe AD. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Classic Type. GeneReviews. May 11, 2010; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1244/#eds.Differential_Diagnosis. Accessed 7/11/2011.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- The U.S. National Institutes of Health, through the National Library of Medicine, developed ClinicalTrials.gov to provide patients, family members, and members of the public with current information on clinical research studies. There are currently trials regarding connective tissue disorders. To see these trials, click on the link above.
- The U.S. National Institutes of Health, through the National Library of Medicine, developed ClinicalTrials.gov to provide patients, family members, and members of the public with current information on clinical research studies. There is a study titled Manifestations of Heritable Disorders of Connective Tissue which may be of interest to you. To find this trial, click on the link above.